Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Frankenstein

I wrote about Frankenstein and the author Mary Shelley in a August 29, 2007 post on this blog.

Frankenstein_at_a_082907_post
Now that my 20-year old son Erik read it in a literature class last semester and pointed some interesting bits of tid out to me I have read it. These include:
  • the book is many times better than any Frankenstein movie that he has ever seen (I agree with all these literary tidbits).
  • the book is superbly written, chock full of suspense, and terrifying surprises lurk on every page.
  • the book is a wonderful story, and if you have in the region of a normal pulse, will likely keep your attention..
  • no bolts stick out of the monster's neck.
  • the book deals with ethics, feelings, and values.
  • Frankenstein does wantonly and willfully with malice aforethought murder several people in the book. The book explores his major motivations for his killing spree.
  • The ending will catch you by surprise, I am betting.
So, now, having read it myself, I, along with Erik, recomend that you buy a copy or borrow it from the library and enter the tormented and horrific world of Dr. Victor Frankenstein. And while reading it, buckle up your reading armchair seatbelts. Consider yourself warned.


With the Amazon Kindle, you can get a free Kindle electronic version of this book at:


Free e-book collections at Amazon.com


Note from Blog Author Bob Hoff: While I read Frankenstein two years ago at my son Erik's suggestion, I have a free copy on my new Kindle that I have plans to read soon on the Amazon Kindle that I received on 5/20/11 for my latest (and greatest) birthday.


I love using my new Kindle.




Frankenstein on line at:
Frankenstein





Notice new link to Erik's Horror Movie Reviews on this blog

© Bob Hoff, 2009

No comments: